1. It is highly recommended that the installation of this module
be performed by a qualified electrician.
2. To be installed and/or used in accordance with appropriate
electrical codes and regulations.
3. Warning: to avoid fire, shock, or death; turn off power at
circuit breaker or fuse before installing module. Test that power
is off — before wiring!
4. Connect the black (power) wire from the EFT-110 to the incoming
black (power) wire that connects to the light switch.
5. Connect the red (trigger) wire from the EFT-110 to the switch
leg of the light switch.
6. Connect the brown (load) wire from the EFT-110 to the exhaust
fan’s black wire.
7. Connect the white (neutral) wire from the EFT-110 to the exhaust
fan’s white wire.
Set the Timeout Interval
The timeout intervals are shown on a label located on the side of
the EFT-110 module. These are only approximations and are not exact.
To set the timeout intervals, using a small slotted screwdriver,
position the stem to the desired time from approximately 2-30 minutes.
Note: Wiring of this module, whether at the light switch or at the
exhaust fan, requires a neutral (white) and a hot wire (usually
black). For homes wired in conduit with no existing neutral or hot
wire, a qualified electrician should pull a neutral or hot wire
for proper installation. When the exhaust fan and light cannot be
separated electrically, the light and fan will remain on for the
duration of the time setting.